maandag 28 maart 2011

Little Dickie about to be Hit with Yet another Libel Suit

We salute David Yerushalmi, heroic defender against Silverstein smears!!


Anti-Semite Neo-Nazi blogger Richard Silverstein is such a compulsive libeler that it really is astonishing that he is only facing TWO libel suits against him right now. The newest suit about to be filed against him, as reported on Dickie's own little blog, is by Arizona lawyer David Yerushalmi. David has been the regular target of Silverstein's libelous venom for years. Silverstein invented a lie that David is some sort of "Jewish white supremacist," which he is not.


Silverstein's lie was based on taking a factual sentence out of context from a piece Yerushalmi had written about 19th century race relations in the US. (Silverstein, on the other hand, is clearly an Islamofascist supremacist.) Naturally, Dickie also calls him a "Kahanist," but then again Dickie calls everyone who is not a Hamas terrorist like himself "Kahanist." Dickie adds for good measure, "David Yerushalmi is a fraud." Yerushalmi also hates democracy, claims this apologist for Islamofascism. Silverstein even goes so far as to mock Yerushalmi's name, claiming that Yerushalmi had no right to change his name to that name (which means Jerusalmite) unless he lives in Israel. As it turns out, Yerusalmi DID live in Jerusalem for years, unlike Dickie, whose dream is to run a Holocaust Denial conference in Teheran.


Yerushalmi is himself a lawyer and a good one. We reprint below the letter that he sent to Dickie's lawyer. We are overjoyed that someone else, besides the valiant Rachel Neuwirth, is making Kapo Dickie pay for his compulsive smearing of others and we hope that after both suits end in victories against Silverstein, the Silverstein family will end up sleeping on park benches. Since Richard Silverstein does not work at all and lives off the income generated by his lawyer wife, we are curious to know what SHE thinks about his pissing away all her hard-owned cash in the reparations he will be making to his victims of libel!!


Meanwhile, one of the more amusing aspects of all this is that Dickie is being hailed by a web site that purportedly claims to seek to defend bloggers under attack, the Committee to Defend Bloggers, located here. This is amusing because Dickie has spent most of his spare time in recent years attempting to shut down all web sites and blogs that dare to criticize HIM! He repeatedly shut down the masada2000.org web site in his crusade against freedom of speech, which each time re-opened. And he has been trying for years to shut down THIS web blog because WE dare to mock him!! Here is the Yerushalmi letter, as reprinted by Dickie on his own blog:


I am reluctantly forced to revisit the statements your client, Richard Silverstein, has made about me on his blog. When he first attacked me personally and stated that I was a fascist, racist, and Kahanist, I ignored them, even as others of his ilk provided these baseless statements “legs” allowing countless more “eyes” the opportunity to read what your client understood and represented to be carefully calculated factual statements about me. These statements are demonstrably false and your client made them knowing they were false or acting recklessly in this regard. This recklessness I believe was established in his deposition testimony in the Neuwirth case.


I ignored these publications because your client uses this kind of ad hominem invective on a regular basis and I was just one of many people he attacked personally without any real factual basis.


Unfortunately, your client has republished the original articles via links in a most recent piece stating that I am a white supremacist. I might still have ignored this except for the fact that it has now concretely and specifically injured me in my legal profession in Arizona. I have now lost an African American client who was prepared to retain my firm but for your clients defamatory publications, because he could not afford to be associated with someone accused of such beliefs even though he knows I do not hold these beliefs. Much of his business is in public relations and this charge by your client was for him too much to sustain.


My staff and family have prevailed upon me to sue your client for defamation. Again, I am reluctant given the First Amendment issues, but I believe there is a strong basis to assert that his wholly unfounded, false, and defamatory statements, which have now led to concrete damages that I can measure minimally in excess of $100,000 suggests to me that my staff and family have the better argument.


The suit will be brought in Arizona. An interesting and related case is Yetman v. English, 168 Ariz. 71, 811 P.2d 323 (1991).


I certainly understand your client will raise the standard First Amendment defenses: opinion, hyperbole, no actual malice. If we get past these, your client will have the opportunity to test “truth” as a defense. It is to that end and to that purpose I am now drafting my complaint.


Your client may avoid the suit by deleting all articles published on his blog or other forum that refer to me in the defamatory ways described.


I am providing this to you confidentially. If you client chooses to make this public, and he certainly may, this settlement offer is rescinded.


Thank you.


David Yerushalmi Law Offices of David Yerushalmi, P.C.: Washington, D.C., New York, California & Arizona


*****************************************************************


Update: We have just learned that the Dickling removed the post we have been citing from his blog because his own lawyer warned him that posting it would blow his chances in court to hell. Cyber-readers can still read the full letter that Dickie had posted earlier in the day on his own blog in the above posting, taken word for word from Silverstein's own blog. We certainly hope David Yerushalmi will take appropriate action against the Dickster.